Monday, July 23, 2007

Childhood


In my world my experience, just as I believe every one else is, has been developed through environment and other people direct or indirect actions

Fortunately being born at the 80’s in Kuwait actually got me a childhood, where we used to be normal kids watching cartoons and playing games out in the 7owsh with other kids, ultimate happiness would be by receiving a heart shaped lollypop from great grandma, looking for spider webs in the bricks of the old house and tearing them apart, believing every thing we were told like “if you lied and go to sleep you’ll wake up with a tail!!” that’s creepy, reading my first story “Florence Nightingale” losing my teeth “the seen wasn’t that lovely” and getting the famous question “how many windows have you got?”

Thank god for that

Now in Kuwait there is no more kids, you walk around and a 13 year old would dress up like a 25 year old plus the attitude!!
Seriously what went wrong???
I feel sorry for them; I really can’t see how they’d grow up to be adult humans, while they are skipping an entire decade of their lives, becoming copy cats of others

That’s a serious issue thinking that this upcoming generation would rule us one day, hell no I don’t want to be here when that happens, it’s not that hard to point the finger on who is to blame on that, I think it’s mostly the parents and yes call it conspiracy theory but I’d also blame greed,
those companies who can’t let an entire population out of reach and would like to market their products to them regardless of any measure other than they are moving loads of cash, and it’s not just the traders also the media, we live in the time and age where concepts of wrong and right has vanished where every one going for the fast lane, and that subsequently has corrupted the lives of our new coming humans

But still the responsibility for raising those kids falls on the parents, and yes now they have more challenging task to protect their kids, instead the new definition of Kuwaiti parents are Kumar the driver and Mary the maid and by the time they hit 13 they are on their own if not earlier,
god have mercy on our souls, if you guys are not up to the responsibility of having kids please don’t bring them!!

Cheers,
O

1 comment:

Bloggylife said...

I guess kidz are raised nowadays to expect too much from all people around them, for example, latest trends in mobiles, fashion and of course a steady flow of cash from dear old mama and papa. They grow up too fast. Do you see 12 yr olds, they'll swallow you alive!! No sense of responsibility what so ever. If it were up to me i will setup some moral police to slap these kidz around and teach them how to behave :D But hey that's just me ;)