Friday, October 12, 2007

3eydeyty, Some action

If any one had a one look on my face at that moment they would’ve known…

2:15 :’)
received the acceptance of my project upon three days of reviews, once I send the files enshallah I’ll be free and able to enjoy my holiday

2:17 :’(
as I was preparing the final files for submission….. guess what?? It’s not really hard wallah to guess,

over the years I’ve been going through the same lovely events, as if it’s a ritual, a tradition, as if it’s a part of all my projects ever since college, there is this kind of a magnet in my work that it self destruct and it just select the most perfect moment,

Yeah you are right, the software crashed!!!! How bloody typical, my usual self talk would contain sentence like,
this can’t be happening to me,
no no no,
and all those state of denial terms, this time for some reason it felt normal, I lost all access to my two weeks of work, there is no time for self talk, only action,

First question comes in to mind is, back up!!

"In colleague, I used to laugh at one of my professors, she had 5 different back up terms that are completely independent and unrelated starting with high tech ending with basic, Boy how wrong was I???!?!"

Going back to the back up, my last back up was dated October 8th, now my panic attack is at full charge!!!
I feel that I’ve experienced partial memory loss at that moment, what have I’ve done since Monday?? Tons of tiny little things

That’s the part which sucks about the way I work, start with the bulk do the main body then refine refine refine, how am I supposed to remember all those little tiny details I’ve been making??? God they are so many and all should be done like hmmm…. right now!!!!!

Prayers, lots of prayers, Oh god, what can I do? Should I tell my manager, I’ll blame him!! Don’t know why but it’s his fault!!!! Maly she’3el ;(

God I can’t think any more….

Tried again and again, checking back files, trying work around, every damn trick in the book,

And then al7mdellah ya rab, it worked :’) “currently suffering of post trauma symptoms manifesting them selves in the form of a category red headache”
Finally they got submitted….

Some of self assurance thoughts that I had as my ordeal was taking place:
That is a good thing, maybe I made a huge mistake and now when I redo it I’ll fix it, very lame,
That is a good thing, maybe god wants me to avoid a brutal accident by which I’d lose, esmellah 3lay, both my legs, so instead I’ll be stuck at home during 3eyd, that was a bit comforting,
That is a good thing, maybe god wants me to come back to the company next week where I’ll meet my future, my long waited one and only, that was a happy thought :’)

Happy 3eyd o enshallah kil 3am o ento eb’7yer :’)

Cheers,
O

4 comments:

Bloggylife said...

maskeena deary that was an unnecessary scare ... but it keeps the heart pumping .. imagine what this could have done to you if you were in your 70s!! Nevertheless, all this excitment does GOD knows what to the human body so take care. We'll perish before hitting our 50s if we keep this attitude toward work. Let go let live ;D

Backup, haven't we all learned our leasons the hard way. I do take backups under the name Version1, Version2, etc. Not to forget a notepad file listing all files that have been changed or i'm still working on ;)

Anonymous said...

عيدك مبارك وأيامك سعيده

Anonymous said...

oh my god
you scared me
I freaked out
I said she can't be wrtiing this with her files missing
That's way not here.
I was rushing towards the end
Thanx god it wokred out
Keep 5 backups next time
Just in case ;)

Oryx said...

Mira,
Eeee wallah, but what can I do?? I freaked out, and then didn’t want to start blaming myself for not having a back up, I remember the last project I did I had a back up every day, ma adrey shfeyny this time, any ways el7mdellah 3addat o enshallha bs 7arramt

الـــذيب,
Thanks for dropping by,
3ydeik embarik o enshallah allah y3odah 3alik eb’7yer o 9e7ah o salamah :’)

fa6fooo6,
sorry for the scare, bs ‘7ala9 enshallah lessoned learned to the 100th time, always back up!