Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Mission Impossible!!!

I’ve been making consecutive shopping expeditions lately; the reason why they are consecutive is that I couldn’t find ANY thing to buy, at all!!

The styles are terrible the fabrics, texture and colors are pathetic and don’t get me even started on the prices!!

I look at the price tag and I wonder “Hmmm, what this figure could be? Is it the piece number? Is it the bar code?” of course after I thoroughly investigate the tag I discover, “well no sweety, it’s actually the price!” then I make more wonders “Is there a decimal point? Is this in Kuwaiti Dinars?”
El mo9eybah I wish it’s worth even 10% of the price associated with it!
Elmo9eybah^2 there are ppl who are actually buying it!!

In the states there was a Dolce and Gabbana coat, when ey’9eyg ‘7elgey I walk to the mall to stare at it, it was so beautiful I couldn’t dare to put it on, it was 3000$ ya3ney 1000Kd, wallah it was worth every penny, Black with tiger prints inside, this was the only time I saw tiger prints and marveled them, the design was so feminine, faltering and seductive, note I’m talking about only the coat, I even considered to buy it, and wear it every day and wouldn’t take it off!! But come one woman a coat in Kuwait?!!?

After total mall-shops grand disappointments, I walked the extra mile and I’ve done some visits to what you can call Kuwaiti designers/stores, this has been challenging, first conducted a wide search for such places and personal inquiries, second as I have no sense of directions, to get to a new place based on wa9f was such a pain in the a$#, any ways I’ve made it and what do I find?? Do I need to continue or you can imagine? To bring the image closer I’ve used the F word in every single time I step a foot in one of those so called stores

Do I come from Mars? Was I in a coma and missed out an entire taste shift in fashion?
Is the question, what is wrong with you ppl? Is actually, what is wrong with me?
I really can’t figure it out!!! It’s ‘7alageyn out there!!

I hold the price tag of a dress and it reads 37 and then an army of question marks invaded my face?????? How come, first that can’t be the size, it has to be even number, then what is this tag connected to? Maybe it’s for the belt? There is no belt, how strange!! Only 37???! My question marks are replaced with a smile as I discover that my thumb was hiding the zero, :’) yeah that makes sense it’s 370 kd, yeah right!!!

Wala as long as the sense of style is like this, I should quite my job, get me couple of tailors, walla why bring them, I can use the ones working at the co-op branch, and get some low3ah fabrics, I don’t even have to look for a design or size just ay shay then sell that piece in a ridicules price, boy I’ll make a fortune!!

Cheers,
O

P.S. Any advice about a good shop, ana ra’9yah 7ata low fyh one good piece, not a wow but at least wearab!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't advice on the shop :p but lol at 37,hehe... it seems you are in desperate need of clothes for EID as for me I didn't think about it till now....WHO cares...Its just EID,right??

btw that D&G for $3000 is like killing...the question is would I buy that if I was a millionare... and the answer is...I dunno :D

Oh btw I am travelling to Bath, have you heard about this place before?? hehe

Bloggylife said...

Allah Ye3enich

Amen to the fashion disaster nowadays. Especially the so-called designers. Weeee3. Believe me, we were sleeping when some secret alien fashion laser-beam touched the people in Kuwait. Thank GOD we missed it ;D

You can go check "سوق السالمية القديم" and they do have nice prices not too expensive, i forgot the store's name, but you can't miss it, it's in the same line as a car shop.

Maha, Isn't Bath in Canada or UK. You got me a postcard once, remember.
Have fun there amu, where ever you go, Maha is an expert ;)

الزين said...

:)

u can check signature in salmiya

as maryam said near i think some car shop

and heay stop being upset

its only eid as amu said

have fun

Oryx said...

Amu,
Have you herd about this place??!!? You are teasing me!! 3lik bel3afyah o enshallah tro7 o etred belsalamh :’)
3ad don’t forget me there!!
Added some of Bath pic’s check them out :’)

Mira,
Eee wallah el7mdellah that we missed it!! ‘7ala9 enshallah I’ll gave it one more try
It’s in the UK, 7oby entay :* enshallah we’ll go there someday to enjoy an afternoon tea in the country my Angel :D

Zozota,
Thanks for dropping by :’)
Enshallah I’ll check it out,
Me not upset, the thing is I sooo get annoyed when I feel that someone is treating me like an idiot, my intelligence gets insulted and I get all heated up!!
You too sweety :’)

Anonymous said...

loooooool..
Well since eid is soon, Shops sell Bullshit for Idiots who actually buy! :s
If you need for eid, go as maryam said. last time I went they said they are bringing new clothes.. yam Mercedes fe 3 or 4 ma7alat
If you want more than for eid, wait after eid, they'll put on new stuff o they'll have extreme sale B-)
O enshallah in a year or max. 2 I'll be designing my own line of clothes, o I'll start sewing them myself, cause I trust me ;D
So you will come & buy from me ('3a9eb mo 6eeb) o ra7 tsaweele da3ayah.. o prices will be worth my finger tips work (hehehe) but not ridicoulis! Within limit inshalah
Take care ;*

NewQ8 Bride said...

loooooool 370 , plz plz don`t let me start 7anna about those kuwaiti designers as they are calling them selfs shay mo 6abee3ee o alaah y3afee soog el agmesha wel styls sucks the problem that fe nas teshtree


i recomand online shopping mo lazem ykoon shay gale or by a designer o ba3deen for me ana my style waayed simple o na3em at3ab 3laa el bag o 3laa el lafa <-am mt7jaba o ham el lafa mo kharaz o looya hehehe

waay alaah y3eeenich :)

Oryx said...

fa6fooo6,
Way yallayet you do that I know your taste in clothes and colors it’s great, 3asal 3la galaby
chan zien take in me ajer and I can help you out in the planning and business part ;)

new bride,
tadreyn you and I share the same style out line, maybe we should shop together :-P or when you see something nice tell me and when I see something nice I’d tell you, at least we’d save our selves some trouble :’)