Monday, August 20, 2007

Advice


I thought to my self, given the knowledge and understanding you have right now what could you have done differently in your life?

The way this question formed is that my brother got accepted in engineering :D and I need to provide him with advice as I have been entitled as the highest ranking consultants for his excellency :-P

Oh my god seven years has passed already, I’d say in my case what I came to learn in my college years is rather minimum compared to what I’ve learned and understood in my working years, but collectively I couldn’t have done one without the other

So beside the usual advice about the subjects, classes, studying, major and grades, I’d say by far relationships and communication skills is what you need to get out of that experience, in that rather limited controlled place you are allowed to meet people and have the chance to interact with them and start to learn more about human nature, in this place among the other students there is the equality factor which will disappear once you enroll in the working force as you’ll have to deal with people who unfortunately would actually have a saying on your working life whether you liked it or not

So as a person who has a gifted nature in making enemies in every place I step a foot in, my advice is develop your communication skills,
listen and listen carefully, you are still a young human what ever you think you know is still quite limited, take in all you can first and speak later,
understand the differences between humans, believe me, it’s rear that you’ll come across someone who would think the same as you are,
people understanding varies so be patient, people invented the word NO for a reason so use it,
when you have a problem speak out, consultation and advice can take you a long way,
after words the way that you present your self and your ideas and how you deal with people is your greatest asset, take my word for it, it’s more important than your certificate,
communication, debate and presentation, even if you all have the same answers, those three would make you or break you,
and finally the best place to develop leadership skills is there so maximize the value of the opportunity and make it a full learning experience

on the other hand, never, never and never neglect your relations for school always make time for human relations that really what matters and you can learn a thing or two from them

Set your priorities straight, you need to figure out for your self what matters the most in life, the only way you’d appreciate it is by finding it out by yourself

May God be with you and protect you always my Brother :*

Cheers,
Oryx

P.S. Don’t spend the next 5 years enshallah eating burgers!!

2 comments:

Bloggylife said...

I wish someone told me that before i enrolled in college. I liked the part when using NO. Even if you can not, practice it. People will be hurt or not. You just have to say what is on your mind and be true to yourself. Be a little selfish. I Loved the whole article :*

Oryx said...

My Angel :*