Friday, August 10, 2007

A lost life

In Victoria and Albert Museum I came a cross the following words, very sad and instantaneously touching , to think of it that she actually prepared the following verses to be engraved on the monument of her tomb

I
When the knell rung for the dying
soundeth for me
And my corse coldly is lying
neath the green tree

II
When the turf strangers are heaping
covers my breast
Come not to gaze on me weeping
I am at rest

III
All my life coldly and sadly
the days have gone by
I who dreamed wildly and madly
Am happy to die

IV
Long since my heart has been breaking
its pain is past
A time has been set to its aching
Peace come at last

E.G.W.&N.
Lady Emily Georgiana, Countess of Winchelsea and Nottingham

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).