Thursday, August 9, 2007

Knowledge

Volume 1 of 2

A friend of mine told me once that there was a recent research saying they've discovered that not only the brain has the neurons it's also found in the heart and the guts and through the research they also discovered how we humans receive information, based on the findings it says that when we first encounter information it gets transported from our senses to the heart and guts to be processed and then what's left will be moved forward to our brain, so really what ever information that gets to your mind has been purified by the heart and guts neurons, you probably have felt that before in intense piece of news that hurting feeling you get in your heart, that would also explain how when a group of people be in the same situation but each of would walk away with a different piece of information

When I was a little girl around 7 years old, I actually spent my break doing my home work, yeah yeah yeah even then I had a little geekness in me, so it happened as fallows, as I was setting by my desk a girl come and sat across from me and asked me; how come you have good grades?, one other thing I should mention she had an eye infection at that time so she looked at me with red eyes and that scared the hell out of me, I took my note book and went through the empty pages and said our brains both of us are empty, it's up to us to full them up just like these pages it's what you full them up with that makes them valued

I thought of that then and I still think of it now, to go through life you'll need and want to full your pages, and to full your pages you need others input too, and now I know that each of us holds in part of the puzzle and together we can help each other to understand

Each and every person has his his/her own special ways of looking at things and some has a continues flaw which within it you can feel them ALIVE, those precious few that I've been blessed with their company whom by their light I shall see my way more clearly….

Volume 2 of 2

Two years ago I was filling out an application for a summer job, the same old information except for one question, its says "write down three pro's and con's of Kuwaiti society" !!
Ok for the con's part the dotted spaces wasn't enough plus I was limited by only mentioning three
For the pro's, that took a while, I sat there thinking, what could it be classified as a distinct pro for the Kuwaiti society, I remember I wrote something because I really had to complete the application, but to sit down and seriously think of it I came up with the following three;

Among the rest of Arab nations we are there on the top of the rest for freedom of speech, even our glamorous neighboring Dubai their speaking rights are virtually non existing where they have no union's not even the right to strike, so that’s one
Feminine freedom, thank god for that, that’s two
I'm sorry but really I couldn't come up with a third!!, any suggestions?

Cheers,
O

1 comment:

Bloggylife said...

well that is amazing what you did when you where only seven, i mean that shows what kind of person you are and how you think.

about pros of Kuwait ... yeah granted we do have the freedom of speech though we do not use it wisely ... compared to GCC ... women here have more rights ... what else do we have ... hmmmmm ... hard to come up with something ... we do have nice restaurants :P ... and relatively cleaned wide streets given they tear 'em up and lay 'em down most of the year ... we have about 1 month of nice weather or is it more ... most areas are safe .. WOW am i being the Optimistic one :D Guess you caught me in a really good mood ;)